Collection and disclosure of information about you
We assemble personal information not available to the public about you from the following sources:
- Applications and other forms
- Transactions with us or others
- Consumer reporting agencies
- When verifying information provided by you on applications or other forms
- From your current or past employers or other financial institutions where you have conducted business.
We may disclose all information we collect to establishments that perform marketing services on our behalf or other financial institutions who have joint marketing agreements. To protect our membership, we only work with organizations that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protection and limit the use of information we may provide. We do not permit these organizations to sell membership information we provide to third parties.
We may also disclose information about you under other circumstances as required or permitted by law in order to conduct credit union business. Circumstances typically include but are not limited to process of transactions on your behalf, operations of the credit union, by your authority when following your instructions, or to protect the security of our financial records.
TIP OF TEXAS Federal Credit Union will not share any information we have collected about you, except as required or permitted by law, if you, for any reason, terminate your membership.
Protection of Your Information
Access is restricted to employees who have specific business purposes in using your data. Employees are trained in maintaining member confidentiality and privacy. Physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards complying to federal regulations and leading industry practices are staunchly maintained.
Protecting your Privacy
The following are guidelines members can use to protect their privacy:
- Protect account numbers, Personal Identification Numbers (PINs), credit or debit numbers, and passwords. Never keep PIN with debit or credit card as this can provide easy access to accounts if cards are lost or stolen.
- When disclosing account numbers or social security numbers, use extreme caution. Beware of calls that are said to be on the behalf of TIP OF TEXAS. Staff of the credit union will have access to this information and would not need to ask.
- Keep information current. If we detect possible fraudulent or unauthorized activity or access to your account, attempt to contact you will be immediate. Any changes in phone numbers or address should be reported as soon as possible.
Any questions concerning this notice should be made directly to TIP OF TEXAS Federal Credit Union. Contact us with any questions or concerns.